Last Revised: 9th Feb 2017
PRAJNA FOUNDATION is a registered Trust.
Collection of Information
Information You Provide Us. We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you sign up to receive emails, make a donation, participate in any interactive features of the Site, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, postal address, phone number, fax number, credit card information and any other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Site. When you access or use our Site, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We log information about your use of the Site, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Site.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Site, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us to improve our Site and your experience, see which areas and features of our Site are popular and count visits. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as “tracking pixels”). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Site or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
Information We Collect From Other Sources We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Site. For example, if you interact with the Site through a social media site, we may have access to certain information from that site, such as your name, account information and friends lists, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such social media site.
Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Site;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests;
- Communicate with you about services, offers, promotions, campaigns, and events offered by PRAJNA FOUNDATION and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyse trends, usage and activities in connection with our Site;
- Personalize and improve the Site and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
PRAJNA FOUNDATION is based in India and the information we collect is governed by Indian laws. By accessing or using the Site or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to India and other countries.
Sharing of Information
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of the PRAJNA FOUNDATION or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company; and
- With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through our Site that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
- We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Social Sharing Features
The Site may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on our Site with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Advertising and Analytics Site Provided by Others
PRAJNA FOUNDATION takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Your Information. You may update, correct or delete information about you at any time by emailing us with your request at email@example.com, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate purposes related to our organization. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time. Cookies. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Removing or rejecting browser cookies does not necessarily affect third party flash cookies used in connection with our Site. To delete or disable flash cookies please visit www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/security for more information. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Site.
Promotional Communications. You may opt out of receiving promotional emails or messages from PRAJNA FOUNDATION by following the instructions in those emails or messages. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about our on-going service relationship (if applicable).
SMS / Text Message Communications:
Permission: You may sign-up for SMS text message alerts from PRAJNA FOUNDATION by texting a keyword to your country’s long or short-code and confirming your subscription. You may also sign-up by providing your mobile phone number and expressly requesting to receive our text messages. Standard Text and Data Rates Apply: Your carrier’s Messaging and Data Rates May Apply to your sign-up text message and all subsequent SMS correspondence with the PRAJNA FOUNDATION. Your SMS Data: Data collected from you by the SMS service may include your mobile phone number, carrier’s name, and the date, time and content of your messages. We may use this information to contact you and to provide the services you request from us. Liability: We may not be held liable for delays in SMS messages as delivery is subject to effective transmission from your carrier or network operator. SMS messages are provided on an as is basis. Unsubscribing: If you wish to cancel your subscription to our SMS alerts, you can unsubscribe at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org